lördag 10 april 2010

En ny tavla : "Karen" / A new painting: "Karen"



Karen Blixen: If I know a song of Africa, of the giraffe and the African new moon lying on her back, of the plows in the fields and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers, does Africa know a song of me? Will the air over the plain quiver with a color that I have had on, or the children invent a game in which my name is, or the full moon throw a shadow over the gravel of the drive that was like me, or will the eagles of the Ngong Hills look out for me?

En av mina absoluta favoritfilmer är "Out of Africa". Jag kan inte sluta att fascineras av denna kvinna Karen Blixen, hennes historier, levnadsöde, tidsepoken, kläderna, musiken...ja allt! Så jag målade en tavla...

One of my alltime favorite movies is "Out of Africa". I can´t stop being fascinated by this woman Karen Blixen, her stories, her own lifestory, the time she lived in, the clothes, the music...yes everything! So I painted a portrait...



med inspiration av Karen och hennes liv... Det är inte alls hennes ansikte utan ett som kommit fritt från min fantasi...

with inspiration of Karen and her life...It´s not her face at all but a face completely from my imagination...



...hennes kärlek till Denys...

...her love for Denys...


"Karen" . Copyright Eva-Liisa Eriksson Kukkonen 2010

Jag har målat tavlan med akrylfärger på trä...i bakgrunden finns texter ur Karens bok ...
Åhhhh!..näe nu tror jag att jag går och tittar på filmen en gång till!...Stackars make!

I painted with acrylic colors on wood...in the background there´s quotes from Karens book...
Awwwww!...I think I´m going to watch the movie once again!...Poore husband!


Ha en fortsatt underbar Helg! Vi ses!

Have a wonderful weekend! I´ll see You!



6 kommentarer:

erin's art and gardens sa...

really beautiful painting! i love her eyes! and of course, i think i've mentioned, that is MY favorite all time movie too. i never tire of watching it...

Jamie sa...

Beautiful in everyway! A wonderful tribute. Love, Jamie

Anonym sa...
Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av bloggadministratören.
Rella sa...

Oh MY!! I totally love, love Out of Africa. I adore Meryl's portrayal of her life and I could listen to her speaking forever.

OHHHHHHHH, goodness I almost forgot to tell you that your artwork is stunning!!!

xox Rella

ArtPropelled sa...

I love your painting of Karen Blixen. I too am intrigued by her. Have you read Peter Beard's Journals? He mentions her quite often.

Irozen4466@hotmail.com sa...

Hej o hå!
Inger här!
Jag älskade filmen OUT OF AFRICA.Meryl Streep o Robert Redford.
Vilken vacker blogg!Detta är en blogg jag återkommer till.
Jag har haft lyckan att åka tufftåget från Nairobi till Mombasa.Fast det är länge sedan.
Jag håller inte med om att det var synd om Bror Blixen.Han hade väldigt många kvinnor.Tror nog att Karen visste om detta.